Tuesday 14 February 2017

Platform Change (Part 2)

I am seriously looking in moving some indicators over to MT4 now. I think it will do what I need to do, and seems like best solution all around. I'm investigating the programming language, and seeing how that will cope with my indicators' requirements.

I won't port all of my indicators to MT4; some are not applicable or can not be coded, some are not needed, others might not be worth the effort if existing MT4 are readily available.

Some initial candidates for converting to MT4:
  • Session Lines
    • Since it is a relatively straight-forward concept, although I think it will need to be split into 2 or 3 MT4 indicators due to limits on output streams
  • Currency Index / Currency Strength
    • This one uses quite a few "advanced" programming techniques and so will be a good learning activity, as well as being one of my most popular indicators
  • Line Sync
    • Has been requested, and also I am not sure whether anything similar exists for MT4
  • Supply / Demand
    • Another popular indicator, and although there are other similar indicators, none of them are quite like my own
  • Candle Profile or Composite Profile
    • Not sure which one yet, they are actually fairly similar internally

I think that will do for now. With these converted, that should be a very valuable learning experience, and hopefully the rest can follow along similar lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment