Sunday 12 February 2017

Platform Change (Part 1)

Over the last few years, I've been developing indicators, strategies and tools based on FXCM's proprietary trading platforms (TradingStation and MarketScope). As many of you will be aware, FXCM will no longer be operating in the US, and US accounts are being closed / transferred to another broker.

As far as I know, FXCM will continue to operate in non-US regions. However, clearly this is a significant shift, and due to the proprietary nature of TradingStation and MarketScope platforms, I have decided to investigate diversifying my product range on to other platforms.

Candidates so far:

Currently, MetaTrader seems like the most widely available platform, and I have often been asked for MT4 versions of many of my indicators in the past. So, it does seem an obvious choice. However, I'm still looking at the options.

Whichever platform I decide to migrate to, it will be a fairly slow and gradual process.

Of course, I will continue to provide and support the TradingStation / MarketScope products, many of which are also on the FXCM Apps site too.

No comments:

Post a Comment